Welcome to the ARDENT project! The ARDENT project unites 6 main and 2 associated partners from HEIs, research centres and networks from 5 countries in Europe, who strive to foster entrepreneurship skills development in rural areas as well as promote closer links among community members. In our first series of blog articles, we would like to introduce you to each of consortium partner and highlight their initiatives and aspirations towards creating value and promoting local economies, and contributing to the settlement of the local population.
The Cracow University of Economics is the first largest university of economics in Poland, with currently about 15 000 students. Apart from conducting research activity, education is a key area of our university’s activity. The CUE’s business card is a wide range of fields of study and specializations, which meets the demand of the modern market. The basic aim of the education process at all types of studies and in all forms of CUE education is to carry out didactic and educational activities, allowing graduates to acquire knowledge, skills and social competences at the highest level so that they are prepared for active life in modern society and to function in the modern extremely dynamic economic reality. An important role in the development of the University is the cooperation with various partners from different environments, both domestic and foreign. It has an impact on the improvement and modernization of the educational offer, as well as on increasing the research potential of the University.
ARDENT – Advancing Rural Development through Entrepreneurship Education for Adults project, of which Cracow University of Economics is a partner, is an opportunity to develop the existing and create new relations between our University and the community of the region in which it operates. We want our university to become a pioneer in applying a new approach to education for the development and support of rural entrepreneurship and the promotion of a culture of lifelong learning among adults in the Małopolska region, effectively involving various groups of stakeholders and decision-makers important for the social and economic development of rural areas of the region. We want to establish and maintain a dialogue by setting new standards in education, research, cooperation with the local community, business and authorities at various levels.
By creating the Rural Council, we want to create a unique space for the exchange of experience and knowledge, as well as for discussions on the directions and forms of education of adult inhabitants of rural areas and their creation of innovative entrepreneurial solutions that respond to the current needs and economic and social challenges of the region’s inhabitants. In the sense of academic responsibility and especially through education, we want to socially and economically support the development of the region, especially rural areas. We want to actively participate in building a culture of life-long education focused on shaping entrepreneurial attitudes and skills.
Our possible outcomes resulting from the project can be formulated in the form of the following objectives:
• Introduction of an educational offer enabling the transfer of knowledge, competences and skills in the field of entrepreneurship addressed to adult members of the rural community of the region;
• Precise identification and recognition of the current economic and social needs of the inhabitants of rural areas of the region;
• Educational and advisory support for the creation of innovative solutions in the field of entrepreneurship responding to the current needs of the inhabitants and contributing to the development of rural areas of the region;
• Promoting a culture of lifelong learning among the inhabitants of rural areas of the region;
• Establishment and maintenance of close cooperation with stakeholders from rural areas in order to improve the educational offer and implementation of cooperation projects for the development of rural areas and raising the competence of their inhabitants;
• Development of new channels and forms of cooperation with rural communities in order to strengthen the voice of rural inhabitants in the debate on the directions and forms of education for entrepreneurship at the University.
The possible benefits resulting from the project implementation:
• Creation and sanctioning of the Rural Council supporting the process of knowledge, skills and experience exchange between the University and its stakeholders from the region and ensuring effective cooperation of many stakeholders, as well as providing a basis for further development of the network of cooperating entities;
• In-depth understanding of the essence and conditions for the development of rural entrepreneurship in the context of its role in the socio-economic development of rural areas of the region, including a prospective analysis of rural entrepreneurship challenges;
• Implementation of the educational offer on rural entrepreneurship dedicated to adult inhabitants of rural areas of the region;
• Implementation of projects in the field of rural entrepreneurship.
For more information please visit Cracow University of Economics website